Sunday, March 23, 2008

What's God's Phone Number?

I was browsing through a magazine which I bought last week at "Trumpet Praise" (Parkway Parade) when I stumbled upon this awesome quote from a kid:

"I told my pre-school class that God is always with us and we can call upon him any time. One boy quickly raised his hand and asked, 'What's God's phone number?'" -- Kate Wicker (Children's Ministry, January/February 2008 Issue, Group Publishing, Inc., p. 141)

Isn't it wonderful for us adults to sometimes behave like a child when it comes to fully believing in Jesus Christ without caving in to our self-imposed doubts? As parents, we are accountable to God for our children's salvation, and teaching them the ways of the Lord. It is thus my prayer that my children will truly rely on God's "phone number" whenever they face difficult circumstances in life --- for God is never too busy to answer our calls!

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them,
for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." -- Matthew 19:14

No comments: