Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Psalm 16

Psalm 16 evokes a sense of comfort and security to my soul. There is no substitution for God's joy in us when we firmly believe in His Word that God has "made known to us the path of life" and that He will "fill us with joy in His presence, with eternal pleasures at His right hand".

The second half of the chapter underscores God's desire to bless His people:

"LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. " - Psalm 16:5-8

Indeed O Lord, You have given me a place of refuge in times of adversity. Men will fail us but not You. Thank you for saving me and counselling me with Your gentle instructions. With Christ overseeing every turn of my life, protect my heart so that my faith will not be shaken! Amen.

No comments: