Thursday, January 17, 2008

Psalm 17

David's cry for God to hear his prayers had been excruciating during his most trying moments. He was convicted that God would find no misdeeds on his actions and thoughts -- this blew my mind. It would be unimaginable for one to proclaim that his spoken words be pure and edifying ("Though you probe my heart and examine me at night, though you test me, you will find nothing; I have resolved that my mouth will not sin." -- Psalm 17:3).

Let's be like David, that we will be able to stand before God and say that our deeds and spoken words be pure and holy. And when times when we fail in doing so, may the mercy of God be upon us -- forgiving us and reminding us of the danger of not following God's way.

O Lord, thank you for Psalm 17, which serves to show that it is possible to be righteous in Your eyes. As David had prayed, "keep me as the apple of your eye" and "hide me in the shadow of your wings". Keep me from sins and guide me so that I will follow Your path all the days of my life. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: