Sunday, March 2, 2008

Psalm 59

I was asking God for a verse one day and Romans 12:9 appeared in my mind. Then I searched for the verse and this was what I found: "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good".

Psalm 59 delineates God's desire for us to treat others with sincere love, knowing good from evil and seeking God's goodness in times of trouble. Saul's jealousy with David's popularity among the people led to David's escape when Saul sent men over to David's house to kill him. Serving the nation and people brought David fame but now this fame turned him into a refugee from his own nation!

David's fate reminds me of Jesus Christ's, who sacrificed His life because of His unfailing love for us, even though we sinned against Him. His constant love is indeed our fortress in trying times. Cling on to God!

No comments: