Monday, March 3, 2008

Psalm 61

David was probably forced to be far away from home when he wrote this psalm: "From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe" (Psalm 61:2-3).

It was not known if David was escaping from King Saul. If that was the case, it would be heart-warming to know that despite the king's attempt on his life, David was praying for God to bless Saul: "Increase the days of the king's life, his years for many generations. May he be enthroned in God's presence for ever; appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him" (Psalm 61:6-7).

As God has appointed our country's leaders, we need to submit to their authority and pray for good governance among them. That goes to our superiors at work too.

No comments: