Thursday, January 3, 2008

Are you a Tigger or Eeyore?

It hasn't been a smooth day at work this morning.

Then during lunch break while surfing the Internet for some information on my research topic, I stumbled upon Randy Pausch's commentary on the Tigger/Eeyore debate in his Last Lecture speech ("Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams"), delivered at Carnegie Mellon University on 18 September 2007. Randy is dying of cancer and chooses to live life the positive way. He was quoted: "We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand. I think I'm clear where I stand on the great Tigger/Eeyore debate."

What is so difference about Tigger and Eeyore in life's perspective? Well, Tigger's bouncy and fun nature is contrasted with Eeyore's pessimistic outlook. It is motivating reading Randy's transcript of his speech and that certainly reminded me of God's grace in my life.

PS: Randy, if you happen to read this, ... I pray for Christ's healing touch upon you and that by His stripes, you are healed. In Jesus' name I pray and give thanks, amen!

No comments: