Saturday, January 5, 2008

What a Lesson on Anger Management from God!

It was a hectic day at work today, having to work on 2 proposals on policy recommendations, complete my annual performance and self-assessment exercise on the Intranet (which was way overdued by weeks), 2 meetings in the morning and to attend to a last-minute lunch appointment with a friend from MobileOne to gather some industry validations and findings.

One of the proposals had been scheduled to be tabled next Wednesday for management approval and needed to be submitted at least 2 days before the meeting for circulation to the heads of departments. I was struggling with it for the past 1 day and was awaiting the portions from my subordinate to fill in as one of the appendices. Despite several reminders, the latter slipped his deadline today.

Just before the end of the day, my reporting officer was upset with me for not being able to let him vet through the proposal today. I felt so miserable, yet angry with him for not listening to my explanation. More so with my subordinate who has not once but slipped on his work on several occasions despite my gentle counselling.

This morning's devotion on Psalm 4 couldn't be more applicable. It's amazing how God's Word for the day has been so reflective of my emotional turmoil. God's reminder of proper anger management is a great counsel for my soul. Thank you Lord, for by Your strength, I have the freedom to forgive others and exercise self-control. By Your Word, I trust in Your blessings of deliverance from my circumstances. In Christ's wonderful name I pray, amen.

PS: Patrick and cell group members, sorry I missed cell meeting this evening because of staying at work later than usual to catch up with unfinished work. Thank you for praying with me together on this.

No comments: