Friday, January 25, 2008

John Humphrys' "In God We Doubt"

I had a rude shock when checking out the bestsellers at Times bookstore (Marina Square) yesterday at lunch hours. John Humphrys' book "In God We Doubt: Confessions of A Failed Atheist" definitely tempted me to pick it up in the quest for knowing the real meaning behind the title.

In those pages that I had read briefly, John talked about the state of confusion on the concept of "Trinity" and other biblical truths. Then I read that he was actually brought up in a Christian environment as a young kid, attended Sunday School and did memory verses. So what made him doubt God in the end?

It then dawned on me that it is ever so easy to foresake our belief when we let our own understanding of this world overtake our minds. It is thus my prayer that my children will be brought up in the ways of the Lord and that they will remain faithful to Him all the days of their lives. As parents, I pray that Geraldine and I will continue to nurture our children in the knowledge of the Lord. Bless us Lord, with your leadership in our walk with You. Amen.

No comments: