Monday, January 7, 2008

Psalm 7

Thank God for giving me the strength to wake up early to receive your spiritual manna for today. It couldn't be more satisfying than knowing that God has indeed sustained me throughout the night till about 1am this morning for finishing my office work.

This psalm talks about David's experience of being falsely accused by probably Cush (a Benjamite) on the grounds of plotting against King Saul. It's painful to be falsely accused and not retaliate. But God assures us that we need not "set the record straight" by our own efforts because he will vindicate us on our behalf ("My shield is God Most High, who saves the upright in heart" - Psalm 7:10).

Thank you Lord Jesus, for Your shield of protection against any false accusations upon me and my family. Indeed, Your Word says that when our motives stand righteous before You, You will honour us and vindicate us from such false accusations. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

1 comment:

Treasures : said...

Well done dear for waking up every morning to do the Psalms and to blog them your learnings. Am encouraged by your discipline and consistency. I am sure that the Lord has encouraged you through this study and the teachings are really timely for the situation you faced at work. Thank God and be encouraged that God knows all your cries , anxiety and worries. May his words be like the living water quenching the dryness and thirst in your soul. Amen