Friday, February 15, 2008

Psalm 46

Psalm 46:10 is one of my favourite memory verses: "Be still, and know that I am God...". I had also done this memory verse with my children which I thought it was by far the easiest verse for children below 5 years old to memorise and understand. It's also a great reminder of God's power and authority over the odds of our lives.

God assures us that He is with us, He is our refuge, fortress and strength in times of troubles. Men may have caused Mother nature's global warming phenomenon, but God's authority over His works such as the mountains, seas and sky, is higher than men's claimed control of the earth. All God wants us to do is to come before Him and let His inner peace come upon our hearts, for the spirit of fear is not from Him.

Don Moen's song "Still" is a wonderful interpretation of Psalm 46:

Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

CHORUS:
When the oceans rise
And the thunders roar
I will soar with You
Above the storm
Father You are King
Over the flood
And I will be still
And know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust
Be still and know
That I am God
I am the God
That healeth thee

Thank you O Lord, for Your wonderful message of love and protection in Psalm 46. I can react to my inner fear with God's authority and find peace and rest under Your wings. Indeed, "nothing is impossible with God" (Luke 1:37). I claim every victory in every circumstances, that by Your name, all troubles will flee and peace restored. In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments: