Sunday, February 10, 2008

Psalm 41

King David's humility was portrayed in this psalm, reflecting on his past sins and troubles, and seeking God's forgiveness and deliverance. Commentary notes in my bible suggest that it contains prophetic verses (Psalm 41:5-9) about the accusations and curses upon Christ and the betrayal of Judas, His close friend.

But thanks be to God, who "always lead us in triumph in Christ and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place" (2 Cor 2:14). When we delight in the Lord and walk according to His will, we are assured of His protection (Psalm 41:11-12).

I praise God for the revelation of His everlasting love for me and family in this psalm. As I reflect upon the many blessings He has bestowed upon me in the past year (new job, new house, a beautiful and healthy third child, my wife's part-time career and new preschool for my 2 elder children), I can't help but marvelled at His wonderful grace and plan for me. Even right now when my mother has been diagnosed with a brain tumour a week ago, I know that the Lord has heard my prayer of healing and salvation upon her. The final victory belongs to Jesus Christ! And I can proclaim, just like David in Psalm 41:13, that "praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and Amen".

No comments: