Saturday, February 9, 2008

Psalm 40

As I read this psalm, I was filled with mixed feelings --- in remembrance of God's blessings in my life and family, and in anticipation of Christ's return. Psalm 40 not only depicts King David's trust in the Lord's deliverance when he was undergoing tough situations, it also shows the promise of God's salvation plan for those who believe and trust in Him.

God does not desire our offering and sacrifice but our hearts to be close to His. In fact, God sacrificed His Son Jesus Christ to die on the Cross so that we could be redeemed from the curse of death and eternal separation from God.

"... You are my help and my deliverer;
O my God, do not delay." -- Psalm 40:17

I pondered upon the above last verse for while a quite. If David were to prophetically mean of the Messiah's second return, I am not sure if I am ready for that. Not because I do not desire for Christ's glorious return, but if my prayer for my parents and friends to receive Christ as their personal saviour can be fulfilled before that.

No comments: