Monday, January 28, 2008

Psalm 28

David's unwavering faith in the Lord is amazing, even when there seemed no way out for him when he was surrounded by menace and evil-doers. God's Word is that we shall not curse but bless with our mouths. David did not choose the earlier. He chose to let God vindicate him and let Him be the judge to those who did harm to him. We need to apply David's trust in the Lord and not inflict our own judgement upon others. After all, we are all God's wonderful creations and only He has the right to judge us. So why waste so much of our energy trying to "set the records right"?

"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
The LORD is the strength of his people,
a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.
Save your people and bless your inheritance;
be their shepherd and carry them forever."
-- Psalm 28:7-9

Let's lay claim of God's protection and blessings in any situations of our lives, knowing that He will stand up for us even though we may be outnumbered or misunderstood by others.

No comments: