Thursday, January 31, 2008

Psalm 31

When I was done reading Psalm 31, I can't help but to relate it to the final moments of Jesus' life on earth.

My thoughts were jostled by the scenes of people scorning and jeering at Jesus during His crucification on the cross at Calvary. The whole psalm depicts the Lord's emotional pain and rejection by both men and heavening Father at the cross. David might have gone through the whole episode of sufferings and injustice during his rein as King, though at a much lesser degree as compared to Jesus. Nevertheless, I believe this prophetic psalm is important in portraying the inner feelings of Christ in the face of death and despair.

God's terse message for those who hope in the Lord, is to be strong and take heart, for He will preserve the faithful. He will not let any of our sufferings and injustice be in vain. Even when I may not be viewed favourably by others around me, I can still hold my head high because God's favour is with me.

No comments: