Thursday, January 31, 2008

Psalm 30

"Sing to the LORD, you saints of his;
praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
but his favor lasts a lifetime;
weeping may remain for a night,
but rejoicing comes in the morning."
-- Psalm 30:4-5

This is such a beautiful illustration of how much our Almighty God loves us. As a parent to three young kids, I have to discipline them when they misbehave or throw tantrums. I know sometimes I could express my anger and displeasure so as to get them to "sit up and listen". But after a while, my anger would have subsided and couldn't help but try to assure them of my love for them.

Likewise, our heavenly Father will never forsake His children and because He loves us, His favour will last us a lifetime! Weeping and sorrow is but temporary. Our lives on earth is only a transition phase, in God's perspective. So let us rejoice and look toward our future dwelling place in heaven, where there is weeping no more.

No comments: