Saturday, February 2, 2008

Psalm 33

"Sing joyfully to the LORD, you righteous;
it is fitting for the upright to praise him". -- Psalm 33:1

David's honest repentence of his sins before the Lord (Psalm 32) had liberated him of his guilt and condemnation. Indeed, relief of such mental torture must have brought him inner peace and joy! Thank God for the deliverance!

Psalm 33 is a song of hope. We can put our past hurts and problems behind us when we look toward our future by fixing our eyes on Jesus Christ. We can choose to live in the shadow of our past, or choose to live joyfully and trusting in God's grace.

Dear Lord Jesus, I choose today to live righteously according to Your plans and purpose for me. No matter how hard and unbearable life is going to be in such uncertain times, I shall put my hope in You and You alone. Your help and shield delivers me from my troubled past. In Jesus' mighty name I pray and give thanks, amen.

No comments: